Thursday, December 01, 2005

Truly Christmas is coming

Truly it is almost Christmas. Just celebrated the first Thanksgiving without my parents---we are now the oldest, with the exception of aunts and uncles. We did well. Even shopped 12 hours on the day after Thanksgiving and did it well-it was Susy's 43 birthday and she made the day a joy!! She took her time throughout the day and loved seeing santa and the marine's collecting money and the waiters who sang to her for her birthday, she took time to hug each of them-even kissed the older marine guy---thanked him. I loved watching her live simply and gently. Sometimes I wonder who is retarded? She seems to live in a zone that I miss so much of the time with all the busyness and craziness of my world and all the demands. She is so much better than a year ago when mom was so sick. She was so terribly depressed.
It is good to see her laughing and having a good time. Funny how fast this year has gone. I know we each miss mom alot-each of us in our own way and special place. There are so many times each of us has wanted to call her and talk to her. Funny though, I have such peace that she is with dad and Nancy and God. It comforts me, I surely look forward to heaven. Where do others hope? Thank you Father for your hope-it is so great, so eternal.
Susan B. is slowly recovering from a major bleed in her brain almost 6 weeks ago. It has impacted so many people, we have so faithfully prayed. She is now recovering. I guess this will happen more and more the older we all get. In the midst of this aging thing, I want to live fully and well---to embrace the moments, to dance when no one is watching-to sing, to play, to paint, to embrace the one's I love. Thank you for the ones in my life who are so important to me. I am grateful.

No comments: