Thursday, March 16, 2006

green pushing up through the ground

I am excited, I see spring pushing its way back into the world. The birds seem to be flying back in in packs, saw my first robin this week, the gulls are singing every morning--yippee!! I am ready. I am smelling it in the air. I can't wait to hang out in the hammock and sink my toes into the warm sand again. I know that Harry-my lab- is more than ready for some water time.
I know that winter has served its purpose this year in my life. I have slowed down and practiced some hibernation. I think I am trying to pay more attention to what the season is doing and mirror it in my soul. I have needed rest and have rested. I want to now go into spring but carry the season of rest into it--and savor it like a grand glass of merlot.

I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up. I am still searching for the fullness that brings me such joy...but wonder if that could truly happen. How come others have this ah ha moment and say--this is all I ever wanted to do and am content. I find myself getting restless when I get unchallenged by something new. The spring will bring some of that to me too-like what new things to explore and discover---I hate to be bored and not discovering new things. I want to have a good vacation this year, but more than that--to have a fullness in my life each day. I hope to discover some new things right within the 25 miles around me.

Well, it is late, need to sleep. Had a good art class tonight. Had a good class today at work on cumulative grief. Just talked about making sure we don't keep adding to the things that lay in our heart hurting. I pray Father tonight that my heart would be light and that if I have carried any things lingering that is time to lay down, that you will reveal it to me and help me to release it to you to go into the new day with a clean heart and a free heart. Thank you Father that you make all things new-just again---like spring!

No comments: