Thursday, September 28, 2017

the day after hangover

this morning, the word-hangover...came to me...a grief hangover...

the first sip and drink of memories is so good...makes you smile...you remember and then you have another and another....

pretty soon, memories become harder...full of the truth of the fullness of your death...and then the sorrow sets in...your heart begins to ache....

deeply.

you see it in other's eyes you are with...the sorrow if full in them too...




























so...today...a tender day of repacking for the journey.  What do you do with a hangover...you take care of yourself...drink alot of water, get a massage...write...rest.

and keep walking on.  It is a road that is long.  I see many others on this same journey.  I call to them, they wave...I see.  i embrace today.  the gift of life.  I hope in heaven...and all that it holds.  

thankful.  what a good day it was, remembering you, being with the ones I love...flowers, toasts, wine, cards...tears...many tears.  Held.

not alone.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your words and pictures do such a good job of conveying what's in my heart. The day after Christmas has its own hangover. The missing person cannot be avoided.I miss my Joey as you miss your Sarah. Love to you and thank you for your words and companionship on our long journey of grief and hope.

Unknown said...

I came across the beautiful picture and words on your daughters monument today and just had to find out more. Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry for your loss.

christine said...

Thank you for all your words to me...here we are again--another year to cross...